We're looking for feedback on http://www.m4gnet.com. It is a business networking website. As mentioned in the stickied post at the top of the page here's the main info:
General - the site is effectively in beta. It's fully running and working, however we're still building new modules (business networks is being added at the moment) and are looking for feedback from members. We have three more modules slated for implementation over the next 3 months. The modules are:
1. Web directory - opt-in option for users to show their details on the front end of the site in a web directory.
2. Products/services matchup - will replace the system we have now in the forum (that's temporary)
3. Recommendations - ability to recommend companies and write up good/bad experiences with them.
To see the site you have to be logged in. If you do join up to test and later want to be deleted please email me at admin AT m4gnet.com and I'll be happy to remove you.
The site is free to use at the moment. We do plan to move to a pay-usage model, proabably based on paid access to certain parts of the site, with the main/basic parts being free to use. We're still evaluating this though based on how the site's used and how we can improve it.
As a company we're based in Dubai, UAE. The site is hosted in the UK and we're targeting a worldwide audience.
We would really like feedback on the following areas:
1. Would you join this website? Why? What influenced the decision?
2. How easy and intuitive is it to use? Do you have suggestions on how to make it better?
3. Which section of the site would you use the most? Why?
4. What features do you think should be added to the site (keeping in mind what's slated to be added in the next few months)? Why?
5. Is there anything you think is useless and can be removed? Why?
6. Do you have any SEO feedback?
7. Is the "Invite your friend" section easy to use? Would you use it? How can we encourage members to invite their own friends into the site?
How long has the site been up? - It's been active about 6 weeks with 412 members as of the time of posting.
Do you have incoming links? - Yes. We have links from some of our own sites plus a link exchange. The URL has also been mentioned in several forums.
What keywords are you targeting? - business networking, online networking, online business, business website. The optimisation has not been done thoroughly, we're currently looking at ways to improve it.
Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements?
- Yes, provided it's constructive criticism
The site is coded in .NET 2.0 with SQL 2005 as its DB. The forum is VB 3.6 which uses php + mysql. It's hosted on a UK-based dedicated server which has 10 other sites on it.
Who is your target audience? Think about
Gender - Both sexes.
Nationality - International, predominantly English-speaking. However we do have a number of Chinese on the site as well as other nationalities whose principal language is not English.
Age Range - 25-65.
Income/Education level - N/A provided they're active in business.
Likes/Dislikes - N/A
Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you?
- We are one of the few sites who offer pure business networking, as opposed to other business networking sites who also offer social networking.
What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc) - allow business people to network together to increase their contacts and increase business.
Do you want design suggestions? - Yes. The current design is not SEO-friendly however I personally like it very much as it's fairly unique.
The site is http://www.m4gnet.com. Any and all constructive feedback is warmly welcomed. If you do test the site, thanks in advance